Project Officer (Xi’an)Main Responsibilities:
• Work with WWF Qinling team to develop and implement the strategy plan for panda conservation in Qinling Mountains.
• Develop project annual work plans and budgets.
• Manage contracted projects and implement consistently monitoring and evaluation.
• Provide technical assistance to partners.
• Establish necessary project documentation and database, serving as an information source for WWF family.
• Provide timely financial and technical reports as required.
• Assist Qinling communication manager to ensure that a sound communications strategy is in place and participate in communications activities as needed.
• Maintain and build good partnership with relevant stakeholders in the region.
• Develop concepts and proposals to raise fund for Qinling giant panda conservation project.
• Fulfill other project related work required by supervisor.
• At least Bachelor degree in ecology, biology, environmental science or related, Master preferred.
• At least 5-year work experience in biodiversity conservation or related work in China
• Understanding conservation issues in China
• Familiar with adaptive management approach
• Good command of English writing and speaking.
• Excellent Chinese writing skills
• Familiar with participatory facilitation
• Adaptive to frequent field travel
• Dynamic, creative and outgoing personality and commitment to nature conservation
• Adheres to WWF’s values,which are Passionate & Optimistic Challenging & Inspiring
• Credible & Accountable,Persevering & Delivering Results
• Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com.
• Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in email and send them in attachment.
• Application deadline: 5th , February, 2013