Program Coordinator of Market Transformation Initiative (Beijing)Program Coordinator of Market Transformation Initiative (Beijing)
Ensure that appropriate programmatic and operational support is provided to the Initiative.
WWF is the world’s largest environmental organization, with more than 1300 projects in over 100 countries. WWF is committed to reversing the degradation of our planet's natural environment and to building a future in which human needs are met in harmony with nature. Operating in China since 1980, WWF’s China Programme Office (CPO) now has over one hundred employees working in Beijing and in 8 field offices around the country. Given China’s significant biodiversity and the impact of China’s economic growth on the environment, WWF attaches great importance to its work in China.
The Market Transformation Initiative:
The Market Transformation Initiative (MTI) works to tip global commodities markets towards sustainability by engaging with leading companies to reduce their environmental footprint. Specifically, MTI has identified 15 global commodities that pose the greatest threat to our priority places and works to engage the companies that dominate the supply chains of those commodities. By working to show that commodities can be produced, traded and used at affordable costs with measurably reduced environmental and social impacts, and by creating a significant demand for such products, MTI has demonstrated that entire commodity markets can be moved towards greater sustainability thereby resulting in large-scale environmentally-beneficial outcomes.
Building upon the initiative’s success in other regions, WWF has prioritized the development of MTI in China.
• Provide programmatic and operational support for all MTI team staff as needed
– scheduling, visa assistance, travel bookings, reimbursements, follow up for finance and technical reporting
– prepare contracts and routing slips
– assist to maintain project management tools (i.e. annual work plan and budget, donor contract database, etc)
• Assist with program coordination as required
• Assist with the coordination and organization of external meetings and internal team meetings as required
– manage meeting logistics (including room bookings, accommodations, arrangement of translation services, contracting, payments, etc)
• Manage and maintain a partner database for the Initiative
• Manage and maintain a vendor database, as well as handling vendor contracts for the Initiative
• Develop and maintain an online calendar for the Initiative
• Assist in the management of program information
– Preparation of communication materials
– Basecamp, Connect, etc
• Manage periodic MTI team meetings
– MTI program conference calls, program updates, etc.
• Carry out research as needed on programmatic topics
• Provide assistance with translation as needed
• Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor
• Work closely with the Initiative Leader, the Program Manager as well as the rest of the MTI team in the WWF China Office.
• Regular interaction with other core team members as well as other staff in CPO Communications, Marketing, Finance, HR and administration departments.
• Facilitate and ensure collaboration with partners in WWF network.
• Liaison work with external partners
Qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (advanced degree preferred)
• 3 year experience of event and conference organizing preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team
• Good research skills
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with the use of electronic media
• Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.
• Application deadline: 10th, August, 2012