Global Programme Operations Director of China for a Global Shift Initiative (Beijing)
Over the past 30 years of reform and opening to the outside world, China has become one of the largest economies on earth and the way it develops will significantly shape the future of the global economy. The Chinese government has recently set out ambitious targets for improved resource efficiency and sustainability. This brings about an unprecedented opportunity for the global community to support and influence the way in which China implements these goals.
The China for a Global Shift Initiative (the Initative) is WWF’s response to this opportunity. This global initiative strives to work with China and its partner countries to show how economic development and an increased quality of life can be achieved within the ecological limits of one planet, while allowing space for developing countries to grow.
The Initiative Strategy is articulated around four key objectives:
1) Promoting a footprint policy framework in China
2) Supporting sustainable finance
3) Driving responsible trade
4) Mainstreaming innovative products and services
This position is designed to lead the internal coordination within WWF for the Initiative, ensuring that optimal management and operational systems are in place. This position will also oversee and lead the initiative’s fundraising and M&E efforts.
Ensure that appropriate program operations support is provided to the Initiative, especially to the Shift Initiative Leader, by working with appropriate teams in WWF China and the network to ensure optimal delivery of program goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and profile of the Initiative
- Optimize organizational structures and management systems to effectively operationalize the Initiative strategy, both in China, Africa and other regions as appropriate
- Serve as the Initiative’s focal point for program monitoring and evaluation efforts
- Lead the Initiative on operational and financial management, working closely with CPO Finance to ensure that funding commitments, annual budgets and financial forecasts are consistent with long term and annual plans and that these are implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- Line manage and dotted line manage staff and consultants as applicable
- Work with the Initiative Leader to initiate, manage and update staff positions and work together with the CPO HR department on the personnel recruitment and selection process
- Advise and brief new staff on admin and operations issues and coordinate the staff performance assessment process
- Oversee fundraising activities for the Initiative and develop funding proposals
- Represent the Initiative at key internal meetings to promote Shift’s work, and participate actively in developing the Initiative’s strategies
- Assist with the organization/preparation of key events and activities within the Initiative as required
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for program related services
- Coordinate/organize team meetings and assist with follow up
- Perform other duties as requested by the Initiative Leader
- Work closely with the Initiative Leader as well as the rest of the Shift team in the WWF China Office.
- Work closely with the COO, Dir HR and Dir Finance
- Regular interaction with other core team members of the China for a Global Shift Initiative across the network, as well as other staff in CPO thematic teams, financial and administration departments
- Facilitate and ensure collaboration with Communications, Marketing, Finance, HR and Administration Departments in WWF China Office
- Work closely with the SET on operational issues
- Maintain good relationships with donors from both WWF network and external donors such as foundations, GAAs and companies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An advanced degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Experience in donor relations management, fundraising, working with governments, aid agencies, civil society, NGOs and the private sector
- Demonstrated leadership and high level communications skills
- Finance experience highly desirable
- Experience of large scale event and conference management preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (Chinese a plus)
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the use of electronic media
- Knowledge of WWF’s administrative and operational policies and procedures preferred
- Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation and send them in attachment.
- Application deadline: 31st ,May 2013