Major Gifts Senior Advisor (Beijing)Major Gifts Senior Advisor (Beijing)
The Major Gift Senior Advisor develops, promotes, implements and manages WWF China Major Donor Program, including the development of comprehensive plans for identifying, soliciting and securing major gifts from high net worth individuals. The incumbent will develop strategy with Country Representative, Director of Development & Corporate Engagement and seek input from WWF Network Major Gifts Center on how to build new and maintain old relationships. The incumbent will support China Program Office’s work in raising major gifts for WWF China and manage all relationships with current and prospective major gift donors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop the major donor strategy and formulate implementation plan with the Director of Development & Corporate Engagement, Country Representative and The WWF Network Major Gifts Centre for Development;
2. Work closely with fellow Marketing Team members to ensure that all marketing initiatives are coordinated as part of the departmental objectives and overall strategy;
3. Plan and prepare annual budgets, monitor performance and take remedial actions where necessary to achieve net income targets;
4. Communicate effectively to internal and external constituencies on the progress, success and results of the major gifts program;
5. Work with Marketing And Communication Teams, and Asia Pacific Growth Team to build deep relationship and gain major donors long term support;
6. In collaboration with Program Leaders identify projects requiring funding that are most attractive to the donors;
7. Develop networks of contacts to exploit fundraising opportunities;
8. Identify, research and evaluate prospective donors;
9. Develop, manage and enhance strategies to increase the depth of relationships with existing supporters;
10. Manage all major donor relationships to maximise income and lead generation, including timely follow-up.
Internal: Administratively report to the Director of Development & Corporate Engagement, dotted line to Country Rep. Work closely with fellow Marketing Team members, APGT, and WWF Network Major Gifts Center on Major Donor matters. Work with Conservation Team and Communication Team to develop proposals and products for prospective donors.
External: Communicates and engage regularly with potential and existing donors to facilitate growth. Organize meetings or visits with supporters where required. Interact and network with various chamber of commerce, business associations etc. to build network and develop new prospects.
• Ability to work with high net worth and high power individuals;
• Ability to staff and support the Director of Development & Corporate Engagement and Country Rep. in expanding the major gifts program;
• Excellent written and verbal skills with experience in writing and presenting proposals;
• Demonstrated ability to follow through;
• Good with details;
• Demonstrated excellent relationship building skills;
• Demonstrated highly developed persuasion skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously;
• Demonstrated experience in managing budgets;
• Demonstrated knowledge of taxation issues as they affect supporters and not-for-profit organisations;
• Have immediate access to high net worth individual network;
• Previous corporate sales experience;
• Previous experience in private banking account management/wealth management;
• Previous experience in a not-for-profit in a similar role;
• Interest in conservation.
• Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.
• Application deadline: 10th, September, 2012